When you’ve been around since 1976, you’ve been a lot of things to a lot of different people. Today, we’re known as one of the area’s leading advertising agencies, with one of the biggest creative departments in Central California and offices in Fresno and the East Bay. We’re here to create effective and creative communication that surprises, engages and lasts — for clients we believe in.
We are seeking a copywriter with at least 3 years of experience writing copy, providing creative direction, concepting, and for marketing, communication or advertising campaigns.
The copywriter will work closely with agency teams: account services, project managers, production, and creatives to develop creative concepts and execute the work with our team—all of whom share the responsibility on each project.More
We are looking for someone who understands what drives consumer behavior and has a passion for creating big ideas and experiences—executing them across all channels—in order to shape consumer trends.
We are looking for writers who have strong conceptual skills as well as 360 experience.
Our ideal candidate will ensure that the vision of the creative and our firm’s philosophy and standard is maintained throughout each project.
- Writing scripts, long-format, headlines, RFPs, blogs, newsletters, advertorials, social media posts and digital outlets, etc.
- Flexing grammar, syntax and creative writing skills.
- Collaborating with art director/creative director in maintaining client relationships in the production and implementation of all projects assigned.
- Managing a large volume of work with tight deadlines and managing your own time.
- Working in a variety of mediums/disciplines with the drive to learn more and do more.
- Continually learning from others in the department.
- Committing to staying relevant and current with advertising trends and media.
- Advising client/account managers on all recommendations and/or issues.
- Interpreting creative briefs artistically, thoughtfully and skillfully.
- Assisting in making presentations to clients and potential clients.
- Being accountable for your work.
- Problem solving and finding answers without instruction.
- Demonstrating the ability to think creatively and provide marketable solutions.
- Exploring creative concepts and helping create compelling content.
- Polishing skills, always.
- Making mostly cool—sometimes weird, sometimes beautiful, sometimes just-for-fun—stuff.
What you’ll bring:
- A Four-year degree.
- 3 years agency experience.
- Experience with print, broadcast, digital, and experiential.
- Experience partnering with other creatives.
- Experience making 360 campaigns.
You have created advertising on traditional to digital to new, innovative channels.
You have written scripts for film and video, social media, conceptual campaigns, product launches, branding, film and video. You are passionate about writing that is compelling, thoughtful, relevant, flexible, clear, concise and inspiring.
Your ideal work environment is with other creatives, a dynamic team, serving clients from CPG to non-profit to government to startups—and love to learn more with every addition to the client roster. You intimately understand good writing and recognize how to create a powerful brand story.
Senior Graphic Designer
We are looking for a senior graphic designer to join our growing team of creative-driven professionals. The ideal candidate will possess a solid understanding of branding, color, fonts and conceptual art; an eye for spatial relationships; a love of new and existing platforms; a global sensibility; an excitement about the possibilities new technology brings to the game; and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced creative environment.More
Required Duties and Job Expectations:
- Must have solid experience and understanding of graphic design, graphic design tools and execution.
- Can create content, articulate ideas visually and understand how it plays in any channel from digital to traditional to experiential.
- Can sell creative ideas internally and to clients.
- Will independently keep ideas moving forward at each step.
- Has a keen attention to detail, excellent communication skills, a great attitude and is able to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Understands budgetary limits—which drives your ability to solve a design problem with design thinking—without going over the time allocated for the project.
- Understands that graphic design is a versatile and powerful tool that unlocks new ways of solving business problems.
- Can craft high-level and strategic design recommendations and manage and execute at the most granular level.
- Has a sincere passion for marketing and advertising and new media—and wants to join a team to make great, challenging work.
- You know what makes an image buzz-worthy; you have a legit eye for cool and creative.
- You can’t keep your knowledge to yourself and can’t wait to absorb other people’s insights.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or equivalent
- 3+ years of graphic design experience, preferably in an agency setting
- Prior experience in developing campaigns (please provide specific examples and your role)
- Familiarity and knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, printing techniques and multimedia output
Submit your resume and portfolio. All candidates must provide samples of work in order to be considered for this position. Please include an attachment or link to your portfolio in your resume or email. This is a full-time non-entry level position.
About JSA: When you’ve been around since 1976, you’ve been a lot of things to a lot of different people. Today, we’re known as one of the area’s leading advertising agencies, with one of the biggest creative departments in Central California and offices in Fresno and the East Bay. We’re here to create effective and creative communication that surprises, engages and lasts—for clients we believe in.
The Web Developer will work closely with the digital project manager and agency teams/creatives to help our clients have a digital presence; they will execute the work with our team, all of whom share the responsibility on each project.
We are looking for someone who understands consumer behavior online and has a passion for creating digital experiences in order to shape consumer trends.
We are looking for people with a strong visual sense and some traditional and modern web development experience.
Our ideal candidate will ensure that the vision of the creative and our firm’s philosophy and standard is maintained throughout each projectMore
What you’ll do:
Work with creative teams to establish better, effective, branded online experiences.
You will be a part of a team that works closely in supporting, monitoring and troubleshooting web applications and providing expertise on current and future projects.
You will be responsible for managing a large volume of work with tight deadlines and managing your own time; you will work on a variety of projects for a range of clients and will have the drive to learn more and do more.
You have the ability to think both strategically and can bridge concepts to execution.
You will present work to staff, marketing managers, account executives and can articulate concepts with enthusiasm.
You’ll collaborate with designers, artists, writers, production companies, videographers, photographers, motion graphics/VFX artists and co-direct to make great work to message online, in retail environments, digital channels, events, advertising and new mediums of communication.
You are open-minded, progressive, inspiring and have a passion for generating new, marketable ideas.
You make mostly cool — sometimes weird, sometimes beautiful, sometimes just-for-fun — stuff.
What you’ll bring:
The successful candidate has the ability to juggle multiple projects—and should be driven, detail-oriented, a strong collaborator, communicator and mostly adventurous and fun; someone who can contribute individually and also manage and inspire a team.
- Mark-Up: HTML5, CSS3, Efficient in one or more CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation, Material UI and Tail-Wind CSS or SASS / SCSS
- Front-End Development/Frameworks: React (CRA, NEXT.JS, Gatsby.JS) as well as traditional: JQuery, MooTools and the very popular Vanilla JS. Svelte / VUEjs / Angular is a plus.
- Back-End / Database: PHP, SQLite, MySQL(i), MariaDB, Google Firebase, MongoDB, Next.JS (SSR)
- Content Management: WordPress / Joomla. Headless CMS using Gatsby / Next.JS / Sanity.IO / Contentful
- Visual Tools: VS Code, Adobe Creative Suite with Adobe XD for Prototyping
Please submit a link to your work when applying.
Social Media Strategist
Jeffrey Scott Agency (JSA ) in Fresno CA is looking for a social media strategist and content manager to join our growing (and growing and growing) team of creatives. We are looking for a creative, yet data-driven and analytical professional with experience managing high-performance social media campaigns for a variety of accounts.
The role requires a strategic thinker who must have a proven track record of creating and executing effective multi-platform campaigns and have a desire to continue to grow and experiment with new opportunities that arise in the digital world.